Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887031821

From: "Dem Bones" <>
Subject: Fw: Help with Irish research
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 07:43:41 -0600

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some ideas about where to start searching
in Ireland from what I have here.

This is what I know about my 4-gr-grandparents taken from a family Bible
page.

Richard b. Sept. 2, 1751 to George and Ann SNEATH
Sarah b. March 1753 to Alexander and Sarah CAVEN wife of Richard SNEATH
Richard was born in Londonderry, Ireland. I don't know about his wife's
birthplace.
She may have been born there or in America. I don't know if they married
before coming to America or married in Pa.
From what I have found in my research Richard took a boat from Ireland to
England then to America.

What I want to know is:
Do the birth records in Ireland cover this time period?
What information would be on them?
Where do I write to receive a copy and at what cost?
Is there someone who does research for this area for a reasonable price?
Would there be any records in Ireland of people leaving the country other
than the
ship lists?
Would these records be on film at the LDS?
What would be your next move with this given information if records are not
in existance?

Thanks,
Selma

This thread: