Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887050196

From: Pat Duffin <>
Subject: Tech Problems
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:49:56 -0600

Hi Friends,

I can't afford a repairman. But I'm having the most aggravating time trying to
use the inter-net, and my e-mail, as well. This problem has developed
within the last two weeks, and so far as I can tell, nothing has changed in
my configuration.

I can only stay online for a few minutes at a time. I'm constantly getting
disconnected. And every time I do, I have to turn off the computer to reset
the modem. Aside from hardware problems, are you aware of any software
glitches that could produce this effect?

I'm using a Sonora 486sx, Sportster emulation modem at 14.4kbs
Eudora Light v1.5.4 [16], IExpolorer v.3.0, with MSDialier.

The MSDialer was very badly behaved when I first installed the program,
I even had to disable the auto feature, but had no problems after that.

My ISP says there have been no changes at their site, and that everything is
nominal.
They suspect an overheating modem, but I'm hoping someone will recognize a
misconfiguration, or software conflict.

Thanks,

Pat

This thread: