Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887053430

From: Dan Wilson <>
Subject: Ordance Survey 6":1 mile maps
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 12:43:50 -0700 (MST)

In case anyone is interested in getting an Ordnance Survey Map of their
townlands, the following message came through on soc.genealogy.ireland
the other day. I haven't seen the maps, but the discussants on the ng
claimed they are very detailed, showing cottages and other buildings as
well as roads. I ordered 4 of them today. Judging from the key-map in
the O.S. Memoirs, it appears that each map covers an area of 4 miles by 6
miles, so the map should be about 24" by 36". See below.

Dan Wilson

Dan:

The 6 inch to the mile OS maps can be ordered through the Library of
Congress at:

Library of Congress
Photo Duplication Service
Washington DC 20540-5230

The cost is $8.00 per map, with a $3.50 PER ORDER shipping charge.

William Patrick Gately (original poster)

This thread: