Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887053432

From: "Robert DAVISON" <>
Subject: RE: McCLELLAND
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 98 19:57:53 UT

Wouldn't you just know it! Here I was all ready for a quiet evening away
from the PC and this message comes up!!!. No offence Bob but I couldn't let
this one go. Unfortunately, the Townlands Index I had custody of over the
(extended) Christmas period, has now returned from it's vacation on the Ards
peninsula, back to the cold shelves of the Society Library. Unless someone
else turns it up in the meantime, I'll have the information for you by
Thursday.

Now, Ballymore just happens to be the Parish that my own folks inhabited from
c.1820. They lived in the town of Tandragee, Co. Armagh. The Ballymore
Parish Church (C. of I.) is actually in Tandragee at the top of the hill.
It's in the Barony of Orior Lower. Poyntzpass, or the majority of it anyway,
is in Co. Armagh. I assume that Aghaderg is the Co. Down Parish that the
rest of it is in. Again, confirmation to follow.

Had better luck with the names although I can't give you details of who is
researching. You'll have to join NIFHS to get them. I'll detail what I've
got so far:-

Journal Vol. 5. 2 - McCLELLAND, Ballyleidy (?) Southampton ENG member.
Vol. 6. 1 - COUSER,Co.Down/Armagh, Windsor ENG member - too
close to COWSER to be discounted.
Vol. 7. 1 - McCLELLAND, N.Ireland pre 1755, Fa. USA member.
Vol. 7. 2 - McCLELLAND, Co.Down/Armagh, Redcar ENG member.

Go to our Web site at URL<http://www.mni.co.uk/nifhs>; and at the page JOIN US,
download the forms. An order form for the back Journals is on the membership
form. Hope you will join us. I'll get back to you on the Townland/Parish
stuff.

Yours aye

Rob C Davison
Gen. Secretary