Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887100632

From: "Renee C. Greene" <>
Subject: Re: abe'n'erse
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 03:50:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Stu Ross wrote:

> a friend of mine wants to know if abe. l. stated that
> the rc church was more than a catalyst in am civil war.
>
> ta ra (that's meant to be funny!)

I'm hoping that the query is 'ta ra'.

Assuming that is was serious: I would say "No way, Jose!"

While it IS true that anything that would shape the ideals and values
re " freedom for ALL " could be construed as a catalyst, it's reaching
... really reaching.

Abraham Lincoln was a well read man; self educated with a wide spectrum
of knowledge. I would SERIOUSLY doubt that the words ever left his
lips.

The Civil War was a battle of economics; equality was the excuse used
to force the issue politically.

If you wish to persue this topic, I'll be glad to "summarize without
prejudice" - in one message.

Renee Greene

This thread: