Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887102533

From: "J. L. Jones" <>
Subject: RE: Fw: The Irish in America
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 98 01:15:33 UT

>if anything is going to ruin the USA it is the hyphenated American.
>That we should be Americans first and celebrate our heritage second.
>Marilyn

Thank you, Marilyn. While I agree with you, it may be a long time before that
happens. It is as important to those who are finding their heritage in the
1990's as it was to those who arrived a century ago. As was once said on this
list, some people are looking for themselves and a justification of their
past. They need to remember.

Regards in peace,
Joanna