Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887125107

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: Posting Queries to GenWeb Sites
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:38:27 -0800

Hi Jo Ann,

> I recently had an embarrassing experience when posting a query to a > GenWeb site. Apparently there are certain dates and details in which > you can and can not have in your query.

Not ta worry here. Our rules were in the Welcome message you didn't
read (no one else does either -- and when I join other lists I don't
read theirs <grin> -- Human Nature!). They are more concerned with
our fighting a lot rather than form. Some people have wanted more
"form" but I've always resisted because it is very intimidating.
And "breaking form" is such a good excuse to abuse someone. Here
we abuse you for what you say, not how you say it <grin> <DUCK!>
! Haha, ya missed me!!

I once joined a list and broke all their rules in one post!
I needed a therapist after that....

Linda Merle

This thread: