Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887151090

From: Iain Sommerville< >
Subject: Re: Re Founder of KKK
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 22:51:30 GMT

I have now replied to everyone who wrote to me personally in response
to my posts on this subject, but I wanted to add this more general
thank you. I appreciated the family stories, and hearing about the
effects of the events of the 1860s. I learned a lot from what you had
to say, and I now have a much better understanding of the sensitivity
of the subject. I must also acknowledge that everyone was very frank
and open this time round, which pleased me a great deal.

My interest in the subject stems from a simple curiosity about what
the emigrant Scot gets up to.

-----
Iain Sommerville
Burntisland, Fife, Scotland