Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887158115

From: Edward Andrews <>
Subject: Re: KELSO
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:48:35 +0000

wrote:

> in Worcester MASS in 1718. According to the Blythe Geneology, the group were
> considered Scotch Irish and were descendents of a colony which had removed
> from Argyleshire, Scotland to Londonderry in the North of Ireland, in the
> reign of James I.

Does anyone know much about the plantation of Kintyre which is what
they were from.
The part of Argyll which is important to this S-I is the dangly bit
Kintyre. It was settled from Ayrshire in the reign of James VI
(remember the reign of James VI began in 1567. James I only reigned
from 1603 (or alternatively from 1406))!! People from that plantation
- including the Andrew brothers - originally from Maybole went to the
Bann Valley.
Edward Andrews
--
St Nicholas Buccleuch Parish Church Dalkeith
Visit our Web site

This thread: