Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887178815

From: John Giacoletti <>
Subject: Bull Dick Whip
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 01:33:35 -0500

Thus far ...

John wrote: I have found out that among the Scots-Irish farmers in
Armstrong Co.
Pennsylvania there was a great deal of prestiege associated with having
this particular tool for keeping control of cattle and swine.

We then found out ...

I have seen canes made out of them,they hang them with weights then lacquer
them with many coats,they do not look good>R

>Catherine said....
>
>> My GOODness !! I thought some pervert got into the listgroup !!

And Linda said ...

>No! Just John! And he's right, I never read about it <grin>.
>John, do you have one?

And John was confused ...

One what?:-)

Cane or whip?

No bull ... whip but I have seen some pretty impressive Clydesdales and
that would be more Scottish.

Ever hear of Tubalcane in the Bible? [Two ball cane - a Masonic symbol]
Used to have one of those. People think its a golf club lapel pin.

John Giacoletti

This thread: