Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887215383

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Re: Bits & Pieces
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:43:03 -0800 (PST)

I hope he needs them enough to negociate with them
because if they're not part of the process it won't
work. I want to say something really hateful about
one Presbyterian minister in NI, but because I feel
that he is an exception to most I won't. But I'm
having to bite my tongue. Wish we were all patient
and loving.....in fact I wish I were.
Do pray for peace. They are our people.

---William F Shaughnessy wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:50:09 -0800 (PST) John
Carpenter
> <> writes:
> >
> >and the prods are doing the same. That's why Tony
> >Blair is to be commended for negociating and why I
> >can't figure out why John Major couldn't seem to get
> >around to it, in spite of a long cease fire for the
> >place. You sound like you prefer vengeance to
> >peace...hope you don't. Too many people in NI, the
> >Middle East, the former Yugoslavia and
> >Czechoslavakia, and so on and on do prefer
vengeance.
> > But the only way it'll stop is if everyone stops.
> >

> John:
>
> The times and conditions are totally
different. John Major, in
> order to hold his coalition together, had to bow
down to the MP's from
> Northern, and also to the MP's of the IRA
persuasion.

> Tony Blair, on the other hand, does not need
Northern Ireland,
> Scotland or Wales. This places Blair in an
extremely strong negotiating
> position, and time is rapidly running out for the
Proddys.

> Bill

> You don't need to buy Internet access to use free
Internet e-mail.
http://www.juno.com