Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887218335

From: Martin Roberts <>
Subject: Nevins/Nevin
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:32:15 -0600

Some people have asked me about Scotch-Irish Nevins. Here is what I have
with sources:

Thomas Nevins and wife Margaret (?) sailed from NI in 1711 to Nova Scotia.
On a return business trip, Thomas died at sea. Margaret took the three
children (Thomas, David, William) to Massachusetts. Later she went to West
Barnstable, Mass and perhaps still later to NH. Thomas served in a NH unit
in the Revolutionary War. David settled in Norwich CT. I don't know what
happened to William.

Does anyone on the S-I list knoow about Nevins in Northern Ireland or
Scotland?

Martin