Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887238262

From: "Jo Ann T. Wright" <>
Subject: Redman/Redmond surname
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:04:22 -0500

Has anybody researched the Redman or Redmond line and know the origin and popular location of these names?

I have an Elizabeth (b. abt.1890, Ireland and d. 1951, NY), we can not establish her last name....Redman or Redmond.

Would anyone know if head stones would have the maiden names included?

I know I am shooting for the moon but I am going to take a chance.... does anybody on this list live in or near the Herkimer County, NY area that would be willing to check out two head stones for me (they are side by side in the same cemetery)? My mother knows exactly where Elizabeth's and her husband Thomas Fortune's grave is but we live in WV and do not have the finances at this time to make the trip. I would be happy and willing to return the favor.

Desperate,
Jo Ann :~)

This thread: