Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887245209

From: <>
Subject: Re: Redman/Redmond surname
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:00:09 EST

<<Has anybody researched the Redman or Redmond line and know the origin and
popular location of these names?

I have an Elizabeth (b. abt.1890, Ireland and d. 1951, NY), we can not
establish her last name....Redman or Redmond.>> ---snip---
*********************************
Hello Jo Ann........
The name REDMOND is listed in the book "The Norman Invasion of Ireland" by
Richard ROCHE, as a common cognomen deriving from the Norman invasion and
settlement of Ireland during the late 12th century. County Wexford is the
area in which the name is most commonly found according to Roche.
Interestingly, one of my "Irish" ROCHE cousins is named Redmond Roche, and he
lives in County Kerry, Ireland.

Regards,
Warren Wilkinson

This thread: