Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887259301

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Re: Please accept my apology
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:55:01 -0800 (PST)

Don't apologize, Jo Ann, you weren't rude or even
illogical. I can see why references to living people
might be taboo without their express consent, but
long dead people are up for grabs for all of us I
think. And we have reason to want the information.
It's our heritage.

---"Jo Ann T. Wright" wrote:

> I would like to apologize for a statement in a post
I made earlier. It was:

> >>I just can't see how the causes of death of my
great grandparents ( or anyone else as a matter of
fact) is confidential information. In Obits in the
newspaper the cause of death is listed isn't it?<<

> Apparently in some states it is considered
confidential and I respect that. I hope I did not
offend anyone by that statement. Some may have taken
it in the wrong context.