Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887264092

From: virginia <>
Subject: RE: Posting Queries to Web Site
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:14:52 -0600

Joann wrote:. I just can't see how the causes of death of my great grandparents ( or anyone else as a matter of fact) is confidential information. In Obits in the newspaper the cause of death is listed isn't it?

Puzzled!
Jo Ann
Have noticed in traveling and collecting newsprint, bringing them home and asking
my editor "why can't you print the cause of death?", I have received different
reasons in different states. Laws? Maybe.Editors choice? Sometimes.

I do know that our hobby/profession of genealogy would be much easier if newsprints
had done this in every state, eons back.
Interesting to see that some papers do this almost routinely--The Wash. Post freq. lists cause
of death.

This thread: