Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887283337

From: "Dorothy Chance" <>
Subject: Re: You Know Who I Mean/Entrance Exams
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 05:35:37 -0600

Dear Gail: I am the unfortunate who mispelled Asceticism....sadly. I
appreciate your correction.

I do want to correct one misunderstanding. Educations appears to have been
a VERY HIGH priority among the SI, at least those who came south and were
among the covenanters. After all, if one's eternal life depends upon
reading and understanding the Scripture, then education becomes far more
than a luxury!!

I do think most of the SI prefer that education have some practical "hands
on" experiential aspects....But I must say that in my own fairly "pure" SI
heritage, lack of education was a worse thing than lack of cleanliness!