Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887293087

From: Derek< >
Subject: Re: KKK
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:18:07 -0400

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:55:09 -0500, you wrote:

>Bettie instead of talking about the KKK rally you should be
>sharing the news theta the Maryland Legislation has mandated that
>the Irish Potato Famine WILL be included as part of the history curriculum
>The point being there are more positive things to share than the issues of
>the KKK and all

I hope and trust it will include the information that 90% of the people who
trace their lineage to Ireland, arrived in circumstances having nothing to do
with the famine !!!

I am in a place where I am a little leery of "historical" injustices, and
their use in the present day to leverage public policy.

I am in Saint John NB, the Loyalist City and also Canada's "most Irish"
city..... You will perhaps be surprised, or not as the case may be,to learn
that the average high school graduate can tell you more about the expulsion
of the Acadians, than the landing of the Loyalists as refugees on these
shores!

So if you're in touch with the Gov. pls pass along my concern about re-writing
history.....

Remember they're still killing Kurds....and no one cares..

The Turks slaughtered 13 million Armenians in this century...and they're our
"allies"...

The Russians starved to death 7 million Ukranians !

So....yeah.....it was pretty tough...but lets not lose perspective. eh ???

Derek Chase

This thread: