Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887302056

From: Frank Slaven <>
Subject: Re: You Know Who I Mean
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:47:36 -0700 (MST)

Hello,
I must add my thoughts to your your posts. Regarding understanding
what has been written, we have all found that even in books that are
considered to be literary classics, that it is necessary to reread a
passage two or three times to understand the point the author is
attempting to make. And on the other end of the spectrum, we find college
graduates who qualify for the category of "educated idiots."
We must be careful about pointing our finger at others, if you
will look at your hand when pointing, you have three fingers pointing
directly back at yourself.
Our world will be a much better place - if each of us will be a
little more tolerant and kind.
Frank
fslaven __ __ ____ ___ ___ ____
/__)/__) / / / / /_ /\ / /_ /
/ / \ / / / / /__ / \/ /___ /

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Renee C. Greene wrote:

> > Hi Lucy,
> >
> > > Why is it that the posters with the poorest command of the "King's
> > > English", the most horrendous spelling mistakes and the just plain "too
> > > hard to follow" writing style always have the most naive and outrageous
> > > opinions?
> >
> > Gee, I donno!
> >

> (roaring!) I know what you MEAN! 12 years ago - the "Internet"
> only allowed EGGHEADS. (What a lovely time) - OK, so they let me
> in for comedy relief.
>
> Point IS - to read THEIR messages - it was like a primer for
> FUN-ETIC spelling. Sheesh. And these guys had IQs of like 180 !
>
> Spelling doesn't say much, in my opinion. It's the grammar!
>
> Renee

This thread: