Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887302978

From: "Henry and Cheryl Williford" <>
Subject: Re: You Know Who I Mean
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:02:58 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_01BD37A5.C700ECA0

I've always thought that eduction is wonderful, and spelling everything
right is good but one of our first American presidents ( can't remember his
name) declared that he didn't trust a person who could only spell a word
one way. I agree with him. My typing is lousy and sometimes I hit the
wrong key and oops! my spelling and accuracy is questionable. I have 30
hours of college and that doesn't help my spelling. Age makes my memory
less than perfect. Also, I'm in a hurry most times I post and my 'sin'
is not preusing my post before I hit the magic button and send. My advice
to you is stop trying to be the English major and enjoy the wide range of
personalities on this line. Each and everyone is different. Must be what
God had in mind. It would be so difficult if we all were perfectionistic,
and I'm not naming names here, either. You have your right to your say but
what if someone didn't have a great education but had wonderful knowledge
and didn't share it for fear someone would flame him/her for her less than
perfect comment. Think on these things. Cheryl............

----------
> From: Lucy <>
> Subject: You Know Who I Mean
> Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 6:40 PM
>
> Hi S-I people,
> Yes, I know I'm pretty much of a lurker and don't get my feet wet too
much
> but I've been with S-I since the very first day so I'd just like to share
> personal observation which asks the question:
> Why is it that the posters with the poorest command of the "King's
> English", the most horrendous spelling mistakes and the just plain "too
> hard to follow" writing style always have the most naive and outrageous
> opinions?
> Linda, is there a way we can have these folk take some kind of "Entrance
> Exam" before they start cluttering up this "best mail list ever"?
>

> Lucy

------=_NextPart_000_01BD37A5.C700ECA0

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">I've always thought that eduction is =
wonderful, and spelling everything right is good but one of our first =
American presidents ( can't remember his name) declared that he didn't =
trust a person who could only spell a word one way. &nbsp;I agree with =
him. &nbsp;My typing is lousy and sometimes I hit the wrong key and =
oops! my spelling and accuracy is questionable. &nbsp;I have 30 hours of =
college and that doesn't help my spelling. Age makes my memory less than =
perfect. &nbsp;Also, &nbsp;I'm in a hurry most times &nbsp;I post and my =
'sin' is not preusing my post before I hit the magic button and send. =
&nbsp;My advice to you is stop trying to be the English major and enjoy =
the wide range of personalities on this line. &nbsp;Each and everyone is =
different. Must be what God had in mind. &nbsp;It would be so difficult =
if we all were perfectionistic, and I'm not naming names here, either. =
&nbsp;You have your right to your say but what if someone didn't have a =
great education but had wonderful knowledge and didn't share it for fear =
someone would flame him/her for her less than perfect comment. =
&nbsp;Think on these things. =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u></u><font =
color=3D"#000000">><br>> To: <font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u></u><font =
color=3D"#000000"><br>> Subject: You Know Who I Mean<br>> Date: =
Wednesday, February 11, 1998 6:40 PM<br>> <br>> Hi S-I =
people,<br>> Yes, I know I'm pretty much of a lurker and don't get my =
feet wet too much<br>> but I've been with S-I since the very first =
day so I'd just like to share a<br>> personal observation which asks =
the question:<br>> Why is it that the posters with the poorest =
command of the "King's<br>> English", the most horrendous =
spelling mistakes and the just plain "too<br>> hard to =
follow" writing style always have the most naive and =
outrageous<br>> opinions?<br>> Linda, is there a way we can have =
these folk take some kind of "Entrance<br>> Exam" before =
they start cluttering up this "best mail list ever"?<br>> =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u></u><font =
color=3D"#000000"><br>> </p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BD37A5.C700ECA0--

This thread: