Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887331487

From: "Mickael L. Mann" <>
Subject: COLLINS, MCCAULEY, SWAN -PA
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:58:07 -0800

Looking for help with my research into the COLLINS, MCCAULEY, SWAN lines
from Pennsylvania. William COLLINS (b. 1823) marrying Louisa. They bore
at least two offspring, Israel (b. Aug, 4, 1851) and Isadora (m. Dora
Lambert). William and Louisa were from Millersburg, PA as were the
children of Israel.

Israel married. Rebecca Jane (aka Jennie R.) MCCAULEY (Sep. 17, 1874).
They had four children, including my great grandmother, Dora L. COLLINS.
This family generally lived and died in Renovo, PA.

Jennie's parents were William A (b. Aug. 7, 1823) and Rebecca (nee
Burtnett) MCCAULEY. At a young age, William A. emigrated from Scotland
with his parents, arriving on Sep. 9, 1826 in Philadelphia.

William A MCCAULEYs parents were Andrew J. MCCAULEY (b. 1796) from
Ireland and Mary SWAN from Scotland. Andrew declared intent to become a
citizen on Oct. 11, 1834 in Huntingdon County.

Is MCCAULEY Irish? Any information about any of these line is greatly
appreciated.

Mickael L. Mann

This thread: