Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887342184

From: "Aaron Orr" <>
Subject: Re: You Know Who I Mean
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:56:24 -0500

Hello:

I have two friends and we write to each other in the old form of English
your avowed Scotch-Irish forebears spoke. We understand each other,
however arcane our writing appears to the uninitiated. Now, my question
is. does the fact that we communicqate in Ullans lied make us more stupid
than those who cannot?

In like manner, there are some who, for the sheer joy of the interaction,
rush pell-mell towards the expression of their thoughts. Often their
eagerness inhibits the correctness which some feel is necessary.

Let's all do our best to control the fire of oour words without putting it
out, or smooring it with too much exactive correctness.

Love you all!

Aaron

----------
> From: Frank Slaven <>
> To: Renee C. Greene <>
> Cc: ;
> Subject: Re: You Know Who I Mean
> Date: February 12, 1998 11:47 AM
>
> Hello,
> I must add my thoughts to your your posts. Regarding understanding
> what has been written, we have all found that even in books that are
> considered to be literary classics, that it is necessary to reread a
> passage two or three times to understand the point the author is
> attempting to make. And on the other end of the spectrum, we find college
> graduates who qualify for the category of "educated idiots."
> We must be careful about pointing our finger at others, if you
> will look at your hand when pointing, you have three fingers pointing
> directly back at yourself.
> Our world will be a much better place - if each of us will be a
> little more tolerant and kind.
> Frank

---
____
/
> / / \ / / / / /__ / \/ /___
/

---

> On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Renee C. Greene wrote:
>

> > > Hi Lucy,

> > > Gee, I donno!
> > >

> > (roaring!) I know what you MEAN! 12 years ago - the "Internet"
> > only allowed EGGHEADS. (What a lovely time) - OK, so they let me
> > in for comedy relief.
> >
> > Point IS - to read THEIR messages - it was like a primer for
> > FUN-ETIC spelling. Sheesh. And these guys had IQs of like 180 !
> >
> > Spelling doesn't say much, in my opinion. It's the grammar!
> >
> > Renee

This thread: