Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887345720

From: <>
Subject: Re: Attention Please!!
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:55:20 EST

You expressed your pleasure in this list very well, Gail.
I agree with you.
Genealogy is more than just names and dates on a chart . It is being able to
"feel" the times and the places where those names and dates fall.
I was a history major in college, and I taught history at the high school
level several years, and I am an avid reader. But do you know, Scottish,
Irish, English and Ulster history has come alive for me more in the past few
months, through this list, than ever before.
I have not pinned down one signle solitary name of any ancestor via this list.
But I have pinned own a lot of "family," because I understand better what
impelled them to do, to live, to move or whatever.
so keep it coming. Tell me about the Covenanters and the Ku Kluxers and the
jacobites and the Orange men.
And if I have anything to add, I will share with you.
love'
joan

This thread: