Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887347069

From: Carl Backers <>
Subject: Re: Tired of List
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:17:49 -0800

wrote:

> I also am disenchanted with the list. I haven't found anything that is of
> help in my research, nothing but chit chat and information about everything
> but what the list was designed for. At least what I thought the list was
> designed for, which was to aid people in their genealogy research. Doesn't
> seem to be the case, so along with a couple of others that have
> unsubscribed for basically the same reason, I also am getting off the list.
> To those of you who really wish to find some info that will aid you in
> your research, good luck. Who knows, maybe someday this will be a
> genealogy friendly list.
>
> John Kays-USAF Retired
> San Diego, CA

Hey, John,
Lighten up. We do all this serious stuff wholeheartedly so we need a
break with some humor. It is through this humor that I have learned
about some of the Irish and scottish customs and beliefs that help to
understand my ancestors. I did not even know what haggis was even tho I
had heard about it as being a Scottish custom until it came up on the
Net. I even enjoyed the humor with it. We all need a little humor and
laughter in our lives because there is so much seriousness going on in
the world. I hope you will look at the humor here in a different light
as it all has not been meant to be frivolous.
Connie Backers, No. Calif.

This thread: