Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887351028

From: Gaye Cook <>
Subject: Savage - Fermanagh
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:23:48 +1100

Hello everyone

I am new to this list and this is my first posting. I will try to be brief.
I am researching my husband's N. Irish ancestors. One family, the SAVAGES
came from Lisvoy, near Ennsiskillen, Ferm. Richard and Ellen (nee Thomson)
had land there. Of their 11 chidren, all but 1 emigrated to Australia over a
20 year period in the 1860s to 1880s. Descendants in Australia claim they
referred to themselves as Scotch-Irish.
How would I go about determining whether this is true and, hence, when and
where they came from in Scotland?
Also, is Lisvoy a town or townland? Does it still exist?
Thank you in anticipation

Gaye Cook
Brisbane, Australia

This thread: