Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887353160

From: "J. L. Jones" <>
Subject: RE: Attention Please!!
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 98 07:02:47 UT

I agree, Joan. History and Genealogy have become more alive to me since I've
been on this list. I spoke about this just today in a discussion with a
friend who was a history major. She's shocked by what she doesn't know about
USA and how much I've gleaned from the great people on Scotch-Irish list who
take the time to repeat, repeat, repeat.

The most difficult part of genealogy is bringing my family alive, once I've
found them on cold hard paper. By being in touch with the complex
personalities on this list and their heritage, there is more reality to the
lives who've gone before. I wish all subjects could be discussed at least
briefly, so that I may understand the total picture of the motivations behind
the past and present situations.

Frankly, I would hope that by sharing these grievous circumstances we could
create a link of support and caring resulting in a treaty of peaceful
existence. We could, after all be an extended family or research consortium,
whichever you would all choose. We know that all families have their
disagreements.

As far as I can see, we have not lost sight of the purpose of this list. We
are doing genealogy. Some days are just more dry than others.

Peace and joy be with you all.

Regards,
Joanna

This thread: