Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887383682

From: Gordon Johnson <>
Subject: Scottish historical data on people
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:28:02 +0000

***
As Phil mentioned some early Scottish dat, does everyone realise that my
fun "Oldnewspaper" - several issues on my homepage
<http://www.ifb.co.uk/~kinman/>;
- contains snippets about Scots of all periods. Everything is taken from
published records, but slightly rewritten by me to be a bit more readable!
The Court Reports are all items taken from baron court books, etc. and so
deal with criminal, not royal, matters.
Have a look at it, and I'd love to hear your comments!
Ther's also a listing of public libraries and archives in Scotland, to help
you in contacting the right authorities.
Gordon
Gordon Johnson, Aberdeen, Scotland.
KinHelp - historical surname searches & genealogical services:
http://www.web-ecosse.com/genes/genes2.htm
Home page with more goodies - http://www.ifb.co.uk/~kinman/

This thread: