Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887400976

From: <>
Subject: Byrnes
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:16:16 EST

Hello Everyone,
For years I was told my mothers family,BYRNES, was Scotch-Irish. My
ggggrandfather, John BYRNES, came from Ireland to the US. They say his journey
took him from Ireland, to Holland and finally the US. He settled in New York
and then went on the Crown, PA., and finally settled in Oil City, PA. There he
married Roseanna Boyle, daughter of Owen Boyle. He raised eight children:
John, terrence, Eugene, Maryann, David, Timothy, Michael and William. There
were many BYRNES descendants after that and the only ones that I know are my
mom's family. Her brother Robert and Richard are the only surviving eldest
members. I would like to find other descendants of John's other children so
that I can learn about our Scotch Irish heritage. Some people have said that
the name Byrnes is strictly Irish and BURNS is the Scotch-Irish spelling. I
have nothing on John Byrnes' previous history. Here are some of the family
names,
Eugene Byrnes married Elizabeth Ann Crawford in 1868. Their children were:
Rose (Hughes), John, Emma (Reese),Alice, Edward, James, Mary, Robert, David,
and Joseph.
Mary Ann Byrnes married Patrick Black
David Byrnes married Julia Chamberlin
Timothy Byrnes married Betsy Mays
Michael Byrnes married Mary Coulter
Other Byrnes related names are: PERRY, STEMEN, ADAMSON,McCAMMON, LaFOON,
WOLFE, KLAUSE, PENATZER, GOEDERT, OVERTURF, FRENCH, ALBITIS, CATT, STOKES,
GRACE, JACK, REA, and BAUDER
If any of these surnames have an ancestor by the name of BYRNES, please
contact me at .
Thankyou, Maureen

This thread: