Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887411473

From: Iain Sommerville< >
Subject: Wemyss in Fife (and some UK map sites)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:11:13 GMT

Hello, Ernie

>My map of the UK A-Z doesn't show Wemyss, Fife. I'd like to know how far
>it is from Leslie, Fife. Thanks to anyone with a good map.

There are three Wemyss villages - West Wemyss, Coaltown of Wemyss and
East Wemyss (all in the old Parish of Wemyss). They are close
together, about midway between Kirkcaldy and Leven (and about 6 miles
from Leslie). If your map doesn't show Kirkcaldy and Leven, can I
respectfully suggest that you get a new one!

There are reasonable online maps of Scotland, England and Wales at
these 2 sites:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

http://www.multimap.com/uk/

Hope this helps.