Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887422947

From: "Dawn Webb" <>
Subject: LOCKHART AND MULHOLLAND
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:22:27 PST

Hi everyone,
I am trying to find info on my GGGrandfather and GGGrandmother. I
would also love to find any living relatives from the same lines.
This is who I am looking for:
James Lockhart (b.1848?) married Sarah
Mulholland(b.1853?) on April 3, 1873. They were married in
the First Clontibret Presbyterian Church, Ballybay, County
Monaghan, Ireland. They had 4 children in Ireland.
John (b.1874), Jane (b.1875), Margaret Agnes (b.1877) and
baby Thomas (1878-1879). They emigrated to the U.S. in
1879. They settled in a place called Dublin, Nebraska.
They had 6 more children. Sarah Alice (b.1880-1900),
Florinda (b.1882), Samuel (1884-1898), Annie (b.1886),
James (1888-1904) and Helen (b.1895). James Lockhart's
ancestral home was Dundrannon(sp?) and Sarah's was Cashel.
If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. Also, could
someone tell me were Ballybay, Dundrannon, and Cashel are? I will be
going to Ireland in June and very much want to visit these places. Also,
what tips can anyone give me on doing more research whileover in
Ireland.
Okay, one last question, then I leave. Is Lockhart an Irish name, or
is it Scottish? I've been told that we're descendant's from the
Lockhart's in Scotland, and I have a magazine article about the Lee
Castle in Scotland and that it's part of the family. I would like to be
able to find out if that is true or not and visit it while I am over
there.
Thank you all for you time. Hope to talk with you soon.

Dawn