Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887436470

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Re: Di Joke
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 22:07:50 -0800 (PST)

Linda and list, I think you're right that we can stop
flogging anyone over the posting. The joke is poor
taste.....the joke is funny.....let's drop it. If we
all had Linda's sense of humour we'd get on better.

---linda Merle wrote:

> Dear Al,
>
> That post was a MISTAKE. A lowflying coming in from
the front lines.
> Some weeks ago a list member inadvertantly copied
us on her fire,
> and the other side did a REPLY ALL and returned it.
There is NO
> REASON for us to fight about it here. If you want
to fight,
> I will gladly supply the directions to subbing to
IRL-POL. I
> am not on the list myself, it does bad things for
my bloodpressure.
> However if you have a need to fight with real
terrorists -- it's
> a great place.
>
> In the meantime, could we try turning the other
cheek or just
> send your zings to the lady who posted it
(accidently) to us.

> I will go find out how she could get it here. I
thought this
> list was closed. Is she on this one? JAYSUS, next
thing ya know,
> Jerry and Tony and Bill will be here. WHy not,
everyone else is.
> All .... exploring their "Scot**-Irishness???
<falls off chair,
> laughing>. If poor ol' Jerry goes to ....the bad
place, he might
> end up here! Maybe that's where those guys who
can't unsub come