Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887467475

From: Gail Brown <>
Subject: Currency Value
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 08:44:35 -0600

Tom,

The Inflation Calculator site will show the value of 1951 dollars up to
1996. Go to http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Gail

> Subject: Currency Value
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:10:22 -0500
> From: tomhewitt <>
> To: Scotch Irish Roots <>
>
> Does anyone know of a web site that I can find out how much 47 pounds in
> was worth in US dollars in 1951. I need this information to include in
> my family history.
> Thanks for your help.
> Hi:
Don't know any site however, I was stationed in England in 1951 and as
far as I can recall, the Pound was worth $2.80 cents at that particular.
That was a long, long time ago, so please do not quote me for "gospel".
My memory is not as good as it used to be especially being so long
ago.
Bill Lipham

This thread: