Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887487173

From: <>
Subject: Re: Currency Value
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:12:53 EST

I don't personally know of a web site where you can find this. However, if
you are in the USA and have access to a major library or a University library
you can look up information like that on micorfilm. Most of the larger
libraries and many University librabries carry microfilm of the major
newspapers like the NY Times and Washington Post and others of the time you
are looking for. Even some smaller local papers carried exchange rates in the
financial sections of the paper particularly in sunday financials.

If you can not find such a source, the next time I go to our University to do
my research (which will not be until the first week in March) I will be happy
to look it up for you. I have done similar research for my own family history
and stories.

Phyllis Naish

This thread: