Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887525422

From: "Ernest L. Plummer" <>
Subject: Re: Baptist and Irish
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 07:50:22 +0100

. Is it possible that Harry's family were Baptist and
> immigrated as such? Or could they have joined the Baptist church after arrival in the US?

My gggrandfather, Rev. Andrew LOCKHART was a baptist minister in the
Parish of Errigal Keerogue, near Ballygawley, county Tyrone, in the
19th century. His childen. Elizabeth and Mathew emmigrated to North
America, the former to Philadelphia, the latter to Mulmer, an Irish
community in Ontario, Canada. Both maintained their Baptist religion.

The baptist movement was small but present in Northern Ireland amoung
the Scoth-Irish.

Ernie

This thread: