Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887748492

From: "Robert DAVISON" <>
Subject: RE: Ministers of the lisburn Church
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 98 18:11:57 UT

This message may well cross with mine of this morning, however, after my visit
to the Society Library, I've come away with 5 x A.4 sheets of information on
the DUBOURDIEU family!! This includes pictures of Rev. Saumarez and Rev.
John, and a family tree. The information came from an exhibition catalogue
'The Huguenot's & Ulster 1685 - 1985' published by Lisburn Borough
Council/Lisburn Museum. There is a mention in te CROMMELIN section of the
marriage of M. DE LA VALADE to Alexander CROMMELIN, although no date given.
She was the sister of Charles, first Minister of the French Church. He was
in charge until his death in 1755.

The book I mentioned in this morning's message is 'The Huguenot's of Lisburn -
The Last Colony' by Joyce BEST, price £7.50 (sterling). Must say that I
really enjoyed looking up this family. I think I have an empathy with
Huguenot's - they keep cropping up in my life!

I've posted this to the list, but if you send me your address Cyril, I'll mail
the photocopies on to you.

Yours aye

Rob C Davison
Gen. Secretary