Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887798624

From: Mary McCrury <>
Subject: [Fwd: Will of James Kilgore, Senior]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:43:44 +1200

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:18:21 +1200
From: Mary McCrury <>
CC:
Subject: Will of James Kilgore, Senior
State of South Carolina
Darlington District
In the name of God Amen, I James Kilgore Sen. of
the state and District aforesaid being through the abundant mercy and
Goodness of God through Weak in body yet of a sound and perfect memory,
do constitute this my last Will and testament. And desire that it may
be rec.d by all such in the words following (Viz) I will and positively
order that all My Just Debts first be paid, after -which I give to my
Son Samuel the sum of One hundred & fifty dollars in Cash to be raised
by Selling a sufficient portion of the perishable part of My Estate for
that purpose. I give to My dear & loving Wife Elizabeth Kilgore to hold
as her property during her natural life. or Widowhood the house wherein
I now live and all the Tract of land attached thereunto except One
hundred acres to be taken off from the Upper part. also the lower-part
of the tract of land situate on the north Side of Black Creek,
commencing a dividing line on black Creek Just above my Bridge, thence a
long a drane to a string of bays, to Michell's Branch, thence the branch
until you strike the back line of Said track also my Black smith named
Ceaser and blacksmith tools & a Negro Woman named Matilda & a boy
named--Dave, all the provision of every description, that is onhand,
and all the crop that is making, all the plantation tools of every
discription, all the horses, all the Stock of every discription, except
five Cows and Calves and all the household & Kitchen furniture (except
two beds & furniture) also a waggon & Cart, and after her death the
above mentioned to be inherited by my Son Peter-& his heirs
forever-except the Negro Woman named Matilda which I will to my
Daughter-Nancy & the lawful heirs of her body. The household & kitchen
furniture I freely impower-her-to dispose of among her Children as she
thinks proper. I will to my Daughter-Rebecca one bed & furniture, & a
negro boy named Daniel & after her-death to the lawful heirs of her body
& if She sould die without issue to be divided between my sons, John,
James, and Sam. I will to my Daughter Mary and the lawful heirs of her
body five dollars. I will to My Daughter Fersby two cows & calves I
will to my son John all that plantation or tract of land Situate at the
head of Swift Creek & a negro man named Frank-I will to my son James one
hundred acres of land Situate on the South Side of black Creek taken
from the upper-part of the tract whereon I now live also the upper part
of the tract Situate on the North side of black Creek observing the line
discribed above to be the division line. Also One bed & furniture three
Cows & Calves and two Negro boys one named Jake & the other George. And
I do constitute My Sons. Peter John & James executors of the My last
will & testament. and Trustees for My Wife. In Witness where of I have
hereunto Set My hand & seal this seventeenth day of June in the year of
our Lord one thousand eight hundred & twenty nine. & in the fifty third
year of the American Independence of the United States of America

his
James K/ Kilgore (Seal)
mark
Signed sealed &