Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2001-09 > 1001643188

From: <>
Subject: [Scotch-Irish] Matthew BECKET, Butler CO, PA
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:13:08 -0700

Hi folks, the Western PA Genealogical Society Quarterly,
Vol 28, no 1, summer 2001 has on p 20, entries from the
Bible of Matthew BECKETT. He was born 1803 in Antrim, Ireland,
son of Matthew and Jane Beckett. He emigrated in 1823. On 16 May,
1833 he married Jane, daughter of Henry and Jane (QUINN) SEFTON
of Clinton, Twp, Butler County PA. Janes was born 3 May, 1812. They
settled on a farm in north Clinton twp. Matthew died 3 Feb
1895 and Jane 4 Apr 1886. They attended the Clinton UP Church.

Name given of researcher.

I am not researching BECKET; I am just documenting where he
came from.

Linda Merle

This thread: