Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2011-12 > 1323300608

From: <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] The Siege of Londonderry - Ireland - 1689
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:30:08 -0500

According to the Armistend Family History,Richard Talbott - who came to
Maryland in 1649 -was the son of Sir Robert Talbott ,the 2nd Baronof Carlton
Co., in Kildare: and Grace Calvert. Grace Calvert was the daughter of Sir George Calvert
1st Baron Baltimore.
According to the Armistead material Richard TALBOTT was next in linrto become Earl of
Sherwsbbury , however because of his loyality to King Charles,his estates were confiscated
by the Cromwell Party,and he came to Maryland by invitation of Governor Stone in 1649,
He settled in Maryland at the time period as Sir William Talbottand Colonel George Talbott-
all relativews of Lord Baltmore. Sir Robert Talbott's nephews became Earl of Shrewsbury
.In 1649 Richard receved a patent from the proprietary govermnt of the province for a tract
of landknown as Timber Neck in 1655 he married Elizabeth Ewen. In 1656 he bought Poplar
Knowle, a plantation on West River,Anne Arundel County. He died about 1662.