TAYLOR-L Archives

Archiver > TAYLOR > 1999-09 > 0936493829

From: George Taylor <>
Subject: [TAYLOR-L] John Taylor : Warren Co, KY : 1830 Census
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 20:10:29 -0500

According to the 1830 Kentucky Census Index, there is a John Taylor living in
Warren County. I do not have the details of that listing, but if anyone has it,
I would appreciate a copy of it.

The John Taylor I am trying to locate was born in 1810, possibly in Warren
County, KY. Not sure he would be head-of-household at 20, but you never know. He
may have had a brother named, Henry, a few years younger. This John would have
migrated to Izard County, AR in the early/mid-1830s, possibly with the
Hightower/Wren families of that same county.

In the 1880 AR Census, this John gives the birth state of both his parents as
North Carolina, so I am also wondering if he may have been a part of the
supposedly huge Moses Taylor clan that migrated from NC to Warren County (and
others) in KY.

This John is my g.g.grandfather and if anyone has any information on him, I
would appreciate any help. Actually, any John Taylor born in/near 1810 anywhere
in KY would interest me.

Thanks,

George

This thread: