TAYLOR-L Archives

Archiver > TAYLOR > 2002-04 > 1018123562

Subject: Re: [TAYLOR] TAYLOR in Burlington Co NJ 1677-1790 & Philadelphia 1790+
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:06:02 EST

Hello Pat Peck:

There may be a connection here that needs developing. Bear with me. Sarah
Diehl (1765-abt 1793) married Israel Elliott who is descendant from
Christopher Taylor. Christopher, an outstanding and outspoken Quaker was born
in 1620, Skipton-in-Craven, Yorkshire, England, arrived 1682, died Jun 20
1686. He married Francis _______ and had Israel, Joseph and Mary who married
John Buzby/Busby in 1690.

The Taylor's lived in Bucks County, PA, and then Tinicum Island. The Diehls
lived on Tinicum Island before moving to New Castle, Delaware.

Many Quakers settled in Bucks County, Fenwick Colony in Burlington County,
NJ, Salem, NJ, and Delaware.

I have been trying to establish the Elliott-Taylor relationship for some time
with no success. So, as you search you might keep these people in mind
because they may lead to the ancestors of Aaron Taylor.

Good Luck and please keep me posted directly if you wish.

George Diehl in Kansas City, Missouri

This thread: