TEMPLETON-L Archives

Archiver > TEMPLETON > 2003-01 > 1041569487

From: "Mitzi Fortune" <>
Subject: Re: [Templeton] Mitzi Fortune's pictures
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:51:27 -0800

Hi Gayla,
It's two men with the dogs! The one on the left is John Joseph Fortune and
the one on the right is Carol Douglas Fortune (my husband's grandfather -
that is the actual spelling of his name). Their grandparents were John W.
Fortune and Martha Templeton. You can enlarge the pictures; there are
captions. John and Martha are each by themselves in the pictures. They are
the ones in the "studio" looking shots. Martha was born in 1823 and John in
1809 so the pictures were taken around 1850s 1860s. All I have on Martha is
that she was born in Tennessee. Since she and John were living in Henderson
County, TN in 1850 so she may have been born there. Look at Martha's
picture and see if she resembles your husband's uncles.
Mitzi Fortune