TENEYCK-L Archives

Archiver > TENEYCK > 2004-05 > 1085522746

From: "Linda Bonnell" <>
Subject: Re: [TenEyck] Isaac DeNike
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:06:38 -0600

Alrighty! It interests me that one of the names of William Henry DeNike's
children was Tenodor because I know of one Tenador/Tenedor/Tenodor Ten Eyck,
born 8-5-1819. His parents were James and Eliza F. Van Derhoef Ten Eyck.
Tenador died 2-28-1905 in Chicago, IL. Can you find a census anywhere with
William H.DeNike's approximate age? Am wondering if he were born about the
same time as Tenodor Ten Eyck? Tenodor was active out west.
He was a Capt.during the Civil War of the 18th Infantry when he was a
prisoner in Munfordville KY. Later, he was wounded and again became a
prisoner at Chickamauga CA. By the time the Fetterman Massacre took place at
Fort Phil Kearny in Wyoming, he was a Major.
Thanks to Melanie Hallam's post-em note dated 12-14-2002, she found him
listed in two Chicago City Directories;
1886 TenEyck, Tenedor, clk. Ry. mail service, 81 govt. bldg. h 2242 Wabash
av and
1893 TenEyck, Tenodor, clk. 78 govt bldg. h 5704 Madison av.

If your Isaac R. was born 1854, "your" Tenodor was maybe born 1855? Another
thing which I found interesting was the surname Dye. It may all be strictly
coincidence but am hoping not. Your Wm.H.married Florence Dye. Probably
around 1853? There was a Ten Eyck married to a Die but for the life of me,
I can't put my fingers on that couple right now. At any rate, I'll keep your
kind response with added info in file so if I get a connection, I'll let you
know.
Hope you do likewise! Any help, listers? Please and Thanks!
Linda