TERWILLIGER-L Archives

Archiver > TERWILLIGER > 2007-04 > 1177545379

From: Rosy Prospect <>
Subject: [TERWILLIGER] (Photo) Andrew Terwilliger and Eugene Terwilliger onthe Terwilliger Ranch (Sid/Phoebe)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:56:19 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to include the photo on file at the Klamath Waters Digital Library/Oregon

The Klamath Waters Digital Library Oregon Institute of technology and Shaw historical libraries has a photograph of ANDREW TERWILLIGER and EUGENE TERWILLIGER standing next to a water wheel on THE TERWILLIGER RANCH. The photo is used at the homepage and can also be located by searching the archive.
http://klamathwaterlib.oit.edu/

Above family of Philip Sidney Terwilliger "Sid" and Phoebe Hogeboom Terwilliger

History of Hampshire, Illinois
History of Hampshire written 1893 by Gertrude Hawley.
Transcribed and contributed to Illinois Genealogy trails by Laurie Selpien.

There is a paragraph on the family of PHILIP TERWILLIGER born 1790 wife Mary.
There is more information at the web site.
I only wrote down the names of the children.

The family of Philip Terwilliger: The family settled in Hampshire 1845
Children:
Mrs. L.V. Doty age 76
Mrs. S.D. Mann age 53
Orilla Terwilliger became J.V. Doty married 1855
Hannah Terwilliger married 1849 to Samuel Bates 2nd marriage Stephan Maynard
James Terwilliger-a successful farmer in Wisconsin
Sidney maried Phoebe Hogeboom and went to California 1854
William married Betsy Bales and removed to California lives on a fruit farm
Elsie married Alfred Mann
Charity is Mrs. Sherman of Burlington.

Farther down of the history under the WHELPELY family name was "Edwin W. Whelpley married Elizabeth Terwilliger and lives on the old farm north of the village" (not sure what group this Elizabeth Terwilliger goes in...)

Kim Torp host for the Kane County Illinois Genealogy trails website
http://genealogytrails.com/ill/kane/hampshirehistory.html

There was a note from the transcriber that said "I found the original articles in the Hampshire library and transcribed them. There are places where I could not read and had to leave blank. I also found mistakes in her genealogical history, but they are a wonderful glimpse into life in Hampshire before 1893.

Philip Terwilliger's father is sometimes listed as James Terwilliger born 1759 or Jacobus James Terwilliger married to an Elizabeth Terwilliger. (soldier in the American Revolution)

This is the line of Solomon Terwilliger b.1700 and Rachel Ostrander Terwilliger according to information at the TWIGS rootsweb page.

Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

This thread: