TETLEY-L Archives

Archiver > TETLEY > 2006-11 > 1163181424

From: "Helena Tetley" <>
Subject: [TETLEY] Tetley's new book
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:57:04 -0500

William Tetley of Montreal, Canada has just published a new book (not his first) so add him to your list of Tetley authors. He is a professor of law at McGill University in Montreal. He is also my brother and I am proud of him. We are descendants from the Tetley's of Heaton, Yorkshire. If you want to know of Bill an d his work go to his website www.mcgill.ca/maritimelaw/ There is more than dull law on it.
Helena - Canada

The October Crisis, 1970: An Insider's View, 2006
In this in-depth study, Prof. Tetley takes a fresh look at the October Crisis of 1970 in Quebec, in the light of new materials that have become available in the last few years, referring to a wide variety of published and previously unpublished sources, including the diary which he kept at the time as Minister of Financial Institutions, Companies and Cooperatives in the Cabinet of Quebec Premier Robert Bourassa. He explodes certain myths which have grown up around the Crisis as a result of historical "revisionism" over the last thirty-six years, analyzes how Canadian federalism worked during these difficult days and discusses the long-term significance of the Crisis for both Quebec and Canada and its place in the continuing saga of French Canadian nationalism.

TOP OF PAGE

This thread: