THAMES-L Archives

Archiver > THAMES > 2005-07 > 1120246766

From: "Donald Eggert" <>
Subject: RE: [THAMES] THAMES FAMILY REUNION
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:39:26 -0400

Julie,
My vote is for fall and for either Fayetteville or Wilmington.
Fayetteville is closer to Raleigh and state archives (open all day Saturday
but closes for lunch) and the Southern Historical Collection at UNC-Chapel
Hill (open on Saturday mornings). Raleigh has free and cheap things
families could do, such as a variety of state museums that are open on
Saturdays, and some nice parks. If fact, one state park on the "west" side
of Raleigh on the way to Chapel Hill has nice reservable picnic shelters
and playing fields and would be a good place for researchers to reunite for
a lunch or supper. Fayetteville also has a new greenway walking trail...my
husband and Buffy and I drove up and tried it out a few weeks ago and
enjoyed it. There's also the Special Forces museum, etc., in Fayetteville.

If we did reunite in this area I would be glad to serve on a planning
committee and help with local arrangements...even if I don't get to go to
the reunion because of school dates in Kentucky. Maybe Walter G. and our
librarian cousin in Fayetteville could help too????

'reunion' was held in April 2003. It's time for another reunion.

> I would like to point out that the THAMES FAMILY REUNION is for ANYONE
who wishes to attend, whether you are a Thames, a Tim(m)s, a member of the
Rootsweb Thames List, a member of the TTFA, or just an interested person
who would like to attend. Membership in the TTFA is most certainly not
required to attend the THAMES FAMILY REUNION (although I think we should
have a TTFA Membership table set up.)

> Besides choosing a city/town for the reunion, we need to think about WHEN
the reunion will be held. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what month
would be best. I, personally, am extremely heat-intolerant so would prefer
a cooler month like October or some time in the spring.

> Thoughts?
>
> Julie

http://www.ancestry.com/s13968/rd.ashx

This thread: