THOMAS-L Archives

Archiver > THOMAS > 2005-02 > 1107464849

From: "Carolyn Sue Howard" <>
Subject: My Thomas Family from North Carolina
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:07:33 -0500

Well, it has been quite some time since I tried to find out anything more about my Thomas family, but like everyone else, I have a lot of other lines to work on, as well. But it seems like the activity on the list has increased, so I thought this would be a good time to try my luck.

My great, great grandparents were a Stephen Thomas and Jane H. Thomas (maiden name unknown). They supposedly came from North Carolina originally. They went to Georgia. I do know they ended up in Coosa Co., Alabama, and there is supposedly quite a bit about Stephen Thomas in the Coosa Co. book in the library there, but I would really love to know who their parents were. I'm sure they were both born in the late 1700's or early 1800's. I just don't know. I know that my great grandfather, John Q. Thomas, one of their 13 children, was born around 1830. A few other children (right off the top of my head) were Mary Russell Thomas, Carnie Thomas, Cader Thomas, and Calvin Thomas. Can't think of the others right now. Any help appreciated.

Sue Howard

This thread: