THOMASON-L Archives

Archiver > THOMASON > 2000-05 > 0957842260

Subject: Jacob Solomon Thomason
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:17:40 EDT

To Ben White:
Your Jacob Solomon Thomason (1862-1940) of St. Clair Co AL was from
Greenville Co SC. He left SC about 1890, and I don't think he ever stopped
off in GA, although his cousins went there earlier. We call this the
"Laurens bunch," as the line descended from William & Mourning Thomason of
Laurens Co SC. I thought Jacob married Emma L. MANOR (1863-1911), but I
haven't looked into her parents yet.

I only have a list of Jacob's children, and would really appreciate more
details on them.

This happens to be my line, and we do have a lot of info in the Thomason
Research Letter database. Can I talk you into subscribing? It's purpose is
to help people avoid duplicating research already done, and get on with new
work.

Carol Jacobson

To Joe Mangrum:
Your line of Henry Tobias Thomason isn't related to Ben's, as far as we know.
As you already know, Henry married second Mrs. Loucrecia Jane 'Lovee' Ford
Fisher. Henry descends from George Thomasson Sr. of Louisa VA through his
son Richard. Just in case someone else might want to know.

Carol

This thread: