THOMPSON-L Archives

Archiver > THOMPSON > 1998-02 > 0887533785

From: "susan sexton" <>
Subject: [THOMPSON-L] THOMPSONS: John D + Pamelia BARNS, Isaac Denny, Volney + Catharine
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 98 01:09:45 PST

Here's my line. The family supposedly originated in Scotland, but I have
no confirmation. Am still stuck with John Thompson (about as helpful as
John Smith) in Massachusetts.

1. John D THOMPSON
2. John D THOMPSON II, born c 1759
lived in Braintree MA, enlisted in Revolutionary War c 1780
married Pamelia BARNS 26 May 1784 New Braintree (dau. Joseph
BARNS/ Susanna CANNON
3. Polly THOMPSON b 23 May 1786 New Braintree MA m Daniel WOODS
3. William THOMPSON b 22 Sept 1788
3. Isaac Denny THOMPSON 24 Nov 1790 m Harriet in NY. Farmed in
the Cedar Springs area, Kent Co, MI
4. Henry THOMPSON b 1831 NY
4. Volney M THOMPSON b 07 May 1833 NY m Catharine PHILLIPS (
dau James PHILLIPS & Catharine VANPATTEN) 14 Nov
1858 Talmadge MI
Volney worked as shoemaker, farmer, and Methodist
minister in MI. Died 1913 MI.
5. Hattie M THOMPSON b 18 Oct 1859 m Mr. WOODARD of
Boston
5. Coy James THOMPSON b 02 Mar 1862 m Eva Lucretia
DUNTON (dau Reuben M DUNTON & Harriet INGRAHAM)
in 1850s
Worked as a logger in Upper Peninsula in Michigan.
Eva was a milliner. 6. Volney Coy THOMPSON b
30 Apr 1896 in Leroy MI. Married Gladys
Leone GOLLER (dau John Leo GOLLER and Iva HAMBLIN)
Worked for Kent County Road Commission.
Worked for a brief time in Montana as a
cowboy circa 1912.
5. Ray W THOMPSON b 20 June 1874 m Nora
6. Glenn THOMPSON b 1903
6. Mildred THOMPSON b 1909
4. Cordelia THOMPSON b 23 Oct 1834 NY
4. Edgar S THOMPSON b 25 Dec 1836 NY
4. Caroline W THOMPSON b 09 Oct 1843 MI
3. Susanna Barnes THOMPSON b 15 Aug 1793
3. Nancy THOMPSON b 02 May 1796 m Tobias BANCROFT 15 Nov 1817
3. Pamely b 14 July 1801

Hope someone out there has a connection.

This thread: