THORNTON-L Archives

Archiver > THORNTON > 2007-02 > 1171652611

From: "Chandler Eavenson" <>
Subject: Re: [THORNTON] Pedigree Data for William Thornton, Immigrant
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:03:31 -0500

I am not a descendant of Roger Thornton.I descend through
the line of Luke, Mark, Mark, Jr., etc. Really not sure
of the exact descent.

However, in response to your (Deb in VA) posting, the Edna Gary
Rogers manuscript indicates the following:

John Thornton (not to be confused with John Thornton, father of
Solomon Thornton, who lived in Granville Co., NC at the same time),
son of Roger and Isabell Thornton, born 6-25-1718, died 1755,
married Sarah Eaton, daughter of Col. Wm. Eaton and wife Mary Rivers,
Granville Co., NC, who came to Granville Co. in 1742. Made deed of gift to
daughter Sarah in 1752. Col. Eaton died 1759.

John Thornton, Rev. Sol., died 9-2-1755 (Will). Wife
Sarah made 2nd marriage to ____Johnston. In her Will, 1780, she
mentions John's children. (1) Mary Meade; (2) Francis and
(3) Nancy Oglesby -- "NC Wills".

Francis Thornton married Drucilla Jones Ransom, half sister of
Nathaniel Macon. Francis A. Thornton, son of Francis and Drucilla,
married 1st Ann Boyd; 2nd Lucy Nelson Boyd -- first cousins.

Macon Thornton and Nicholas Boddie Thornton, sons of Francis A.
Thornton and Ann Boyd.

Children of Francis and Lucy Nelson Boyd:
1. Robert Thornton, m. Rebecca Ann Egerton Emma Thornton, dau. of
Robert and Rebecca Ann, m. John Skinner Nowell.

Granville Parish, Williamsboro, near Henderson, NC, old Episcopal
church has following: John Thornton, m. Sarah Eaton. His Will made
11-10-1754, proved 9-2-1755.

End of info from Edna Gary Rogers manuscript.

I have no way of verifying any of the above and is posted just
for info. I do not follow the DNA research.
Chandler Eavenson