TILLMAN-L ArchivesArchiver > TILLMAN > 2002-10 > 1035382335
From: "John" <>
Subject: generation 17 - 180-292
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:14:27 -0700
Generation No. 17
180. ROBERT17 TILGHMAN was born 1839 in Fulton County, Georgia, and died in Yalobusha County, Mississippi.
Children of ROBERT TILGHMAN are:
i. ROSA18 TILGHMAN, b. 1869.
ii. JULIA TILGHMAN, b. December 30, 1872, Yalobusha County, Mississippi; d. April 02, 1935; m. JAMES M. MCCABLE, April 22, 1892, Ouachita Parish, Louisoana.
181. MARY CATHERINE "CASSIE"17 TILLMAN was born April 14, 1855, and died July 30, 1942 in Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho. She married JAMES FRANKLIN KINNEY March 08, 1875, son of JOHN KINNEY and MARGARET SELLERS. He was born January 20, 1854, and died September 06, 1911 in Blackfoot, Bingham County, Idaho.
Children of MARY TILLMAN and JAMES KINNEY are:
i. JOHN HOWARD18 KINNEY, b. November 18, 1875; d. August 18, 1876.
Buried next to Nathan and Susannah Sellers.
ii. WILLIAM WALTER KINNEY.
iii. CHARLES WINTON KINNEY.
182. WYCHE CALL17 TILGHMAN was born August 08, 1881 in Greene County, North Carolina. He married MARY A. SIMPSON November 20, 1901.
Child of WYCHE TILGHMAN and MARY SIMPSON is:
i. WALTER E.18 TILGHMAN, b. January 13, 1903.
183. JEREMIAH DUNCAN17 TILLMAN was born December 28, 1824 in Berlin, Colquitt County, Georgia, and died January 18, 1913. He married ELIZABETH ALLEN September 01, 1852, daughter of ISAAC ALLEN. She was born April 19, 1831 in Dixie, Georgia, and died December 04, 1903 in Brooks County, Georgia.
Children of JEREMIAH TILLMAN and ELIZABETH ALLEN are:
i. SARAH JANE18 TILLMAN, m. CHARLES FREER.
203. ii. JIMMIE CASSIE TILLMAN.
iii. MARY ELLA TILLMAN.
iv. IDA TILLMAN.
v. IDELLA TILLMAN.
vi. JOHN ROBERT TILLMAN, b. 1853.
vii. AMELIA DUNCAN TILLMAN, b. 1855.
viii. CHARLOTTE WESLEY TILLMAN, b. 1858.
204. ix. GORDON ISAAC TILLMAN, SR
184. ELIJAH TILLMAN was born 1831 in Thomas County, Georgia.
He married MARY GOFF September 27, 1851.
She was born about 1832 in North Carolina.
He was commissioned 2nd. Lt. Company H, 50th Regiment, Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Army of Northern Virginia, CSA.
This company was variously known as Colquitt Marksmen or Colquitt Volunteers.
He was severely wounded in 1863.
Co. H saw action at Comptons Gap, and in skirmishes around Frederksburg and Richmond.
It is not know in which of these actions he sustained his wounds.
He resigned his commission on April 8, 1863 due to his wounds
He returned home and joined 11th Regiment Georgia State Guard cavalry which was mustered Aug.4,1863 and certified Aug.27,1863.
He had to furnish his own horse.
The tour of duty was for 6 month and the area of action was the SW quarter of the state and west of the Altamaha river.
He was commissioned Captain.
He was 31 at the time.
Children of ELIJAH TILLMAN and MARY GOFF are:
i. MARY M. TILLMAN, b. 1852.
ii. SALLY A. R. TILLMAN, b. 1854.
iii. JOHN H. TILLMAN, b. 1856.
iv. JAMES TILLMAN, b. 1858.
v. THOMAS TILLMAN, b. 1859.
185. JOHN A.17 TILLMAN was born January 13, 1839, and died April 29, 1889 in Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia. He married HARRIETT G. BAKER, daughter of ABSOLOM BAKER and ZILPHA TILLMAN. She was born August 31, 1841 in Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia, and died February 17, 1908 in Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia.
Burial: Buck Creek Cemetery
Children of JOHN TILLMAN and HARRIETT BAKER are:
205. i. JOHN A.18 TILLMAN
ii. JONAH TILLMAN, m. BETTY SIMMONS.
iii. MATTIE TILLMAN, m. MANSEL NORMAN.
iv. GEORGIA ANN TILLMAN, m. JIM D. NEWTON.
v. SALLY TILLMAN, b. May 24, 1873, Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia; d. June 10, 1928, Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia.
Burial: Buck Creek Cemetery
vi. JEREMIAH TILLMAN, m. ZILPHIA NORMAN.
206. vii. WILLIAM "BILL" TILLMAN
186. HARRISON17 TILLMAN was born 1841 in Thomas County, Georgia, and died June 06, 1923. He married SARAH ANN DUCKWORTH March 15, 1889. She was born February 15, 1848, and died February 01, 1930.
Children of HARRISON TILLMAN and SARAH DUCKWORTH are:
i. SALLY18 TILLMAN.
ii. JACOB TILLMAN, m. SUSIE LEWIS.
207. iii. MARY TILLMAN.
iv. HENRY TILLMAN, m. (1) MIDA FELLYAW; m. (2) VORIS NEBAN.
v. PHILIP TILLMAN, m. (1) LULA AVERY; m. (2) CALLIE KELLEY.
vi. JOEL TILLMAN.
208. vii. WALTER MITCHELL TILLMAN
viii. LIMAN TILLMAN, m. ODESSA COOPER.
187. JAMES H.17 TILLMAN was born 1845, and died June 1922. He married GEORGIA CROFT. She was born 1850, and died June 1867.
Child of JAMES TILLMAN and GEORGIA CROFT is:
209. i. JOHN NEEDHAM18 TILLMAN.
188. MITCHELL J.17 TILLMAN was born 1832 in Thomas County, Georgia, and died June 27, 1862 in Camp Brown, Georgia. He married MARY ANN HIERS 1852. She was born August 30, 1827 in Georgia, and died 1907 in Georgia.
Served in the CSA
Burial: Sardis Cemetery
Child of MITCHELL TILLMAN and MARY HIERS is:
i. LAURA18 TILLMAN, b. January 12, 1881; d. March 30, 1951; m. ROBERT EDWARD LEE MCDONALD, December 27, 1902; b. March 11, 1876; d. June 22, 1946.
189. JOSHUA JORDAN17 TILLMAN was born 1834 in Thomas County, Georgia.
Children of JOSHUA JORDAN TILLMAN are:
i. GUSS18 TILLMAN.
ii. GEORGIA ANN TILLMAN, m. JAMES WILSON HIERS, JR..
iii. FANUEL TILLMAN.
190. RACHEL ANN17 TILLMAN was born 1837 in Moultrie, Colquitt County, Georgia. She married JAMES WILSON HIERS, SR.. He was born May 20, 1839.
Child of RACHEL TILLMAN and JAMES HIERS is:
i. JAMES WILSON18 HIERS, JR., m. GEORGIA ANN TILLMAN.
191. NATHANIEL17 TILLMAN was born October 23, 1850 in Thomas County, Georgia, and died November 21, 1921. He married FANNIE HART May 1872.
Children of NATHANIEL TILLMAN and FANNIE HART are:
i. LOU ANNIE18 TILLMAN, b. June 15, 1873; m. WILLIAM HENRY HATCHETT; b. September 12, 1872; d. May 12, 1944.
ii. WILLIAM ALEXANDER TILLMAN, b. May 23, 1875.
iii. MOLLIE TILLMAN, b. September 17, 1878.
iv. SALLIE TILLMAN, b. March 18, 1881, Colquitt County, Georgia; m. WILLIAM HENRY HATCHETT, August 20, 1899; b. September 12, 1872; d. May 12, 1944.
v. SUSIE THEODASIA TILLMAN, b. August 03, 1883.
vi. JOSHUA TILLMAN, b. June 01, 1888.
192. HARRIETT G.17 BAKER was born August 31, 1841 in Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia, and died February 17, 1908 in Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia. She married JOHN A. TILLMAN, son of JOHN TILLMAN and SARAH MERCER. He was born January 13, 1839, and died April 29, 1889 in Warrior District, Colquitt County, Georgia.
Buck Creek Cemetery
Children are listed above under (185) John A. Tillman.
193. SARAH TINSLEY17 BILLS was born October 1846 in Locust Grove, (Greenfield) Weakley County, Tennessee, and died 1908 in Taney County, Missouri. She married (1) ALFRED PALEY BAKER REECE December 07, 1868 in Weakley County, Tennessee. He was born 1845 in Rutherford ounty, Tennessee, and died Abt. March 1873 in Weakley County, Tennessee. She married (2) ROBERT PAYNE AUSTIN August 31, 1876 in Christian County, Missouri. He was born May 1833 in Burke County, North Carolina.
Children of SARAH BILLS and ALFRED REECE are:
i. JAMES PERCY L.18 REECE, b. August 13, 1869, Weakley County, Tennessee; d. May 15, 1939, Missouri; m. LYDE LOUISA DILKES, February 07, 1897, Taney County, Missouri; b. March 29, 1883; d. April 01, 1955, Taney County, Missouri.
ii. WILLIAM FRANKLIN DAVID REECE, b. March 31, 1871, Weakley County, Tennessee; d. February 04, 1928; m. (1) ALMA TILLMAN, July 30, 1891, Christian County, Missouri; m. (2) MYRTLE TITTSWORTH, June 1904, Christian County, Missouri; b. Abt. 1890, Missouri.
iii. PALEY BAKER BRYAN REECE, b. September 20, 1873, Weakley County, Tennessee; d. Abt. 1923, Gate, Beaver County, Oklahoma; m. MARTHA ELVIRA MITCHELL, April 03, 1901, Taneyville, Taney County, Missouri; b. April 17, 1877, Garrison, Christian County, Missouri; d. December 1945, Gate, Beaver County, Oklahoma.
Children of SARAH BILLS and ROBERT AUSTIN are:
iv. DORINA T. P.18 AUSTIN, b. Abt. 1877, Taney County, Missouri.
v. LILLIE V. AUSTIN, b. 1878, Taney County, Missouri.
vi. JOHN CLINTON AUSTIN, b. March 13, 1879, Dickens, Taney County, Missouri.
vii. SARAH "CALLIE" AUSTIN, b. September 1884, Taney County, Missouri.
viii. ELIZABETH "BESSIE" AUSTIN, b. January 26, 1890, Dickens, Taney County, Missouri.
194. CALVIN WESLEY17 TILGHMAN was born 1847 in Mississippi, and died 1890 in Clark County, Arkansas. He married MARTHA "MATTIE" YOUNG March 24, 1870 in Clark County, Arkansas.
Children of CALVIN TILGHMAN and MARTHA YOUNG are:
i. CLAUDE W.18 TILGHMAN, d. November 09, 1936, Clark County, Arkansas.
ii. ARTHUR TILGHMAN, b. 1871.
iii. TAZWELL TILGHMAN, b. 1878.
iv. JOSEPH EDMON TILGHMAN, b. September 21, 1879; d. August 1952.
v. EMMA TILGHMAN, b. November 22, 1883, Clark County, Arkansas; d. May 20, 1980.
vi. ANNIE TILGHMAN, b. December 27, 1886; d. March 19, 1939, Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas.
vii. FRANCES ETNA TILGHMAN, b. February 13, 1888; d. October 31, 1959.
195. ALVIS WESLEY17 TILGHMAN was born May 20, 1849 in Greene County, Missouri, and died in Clark County, Arkansas. He married FANNIE M. PEEPLES January 10, 1876 in Clark County, Arkansas.
Children of ALVIS TILGHMAN and FANNIE PEEPLES are:
i. MATTIE "DOT"18 TILGHMAN.
ii. CONNIE TILGHMAN.
iii. PASCHEL TILGHMAN, b. 1875.
210. iv. ALVIS TALLEY TILGHMAN
v. CARRIE E. TILGHMAN, b. July 19, 1885, Clark County, Arkansas; d. December 24, 1973.
vi. SAM TILGHMAN, b. August 21, 1886, Clark County, Arkansas; d. July 24, 1968, Clark County, Arkansas.
vii. KATHERINE "KAYE" TILGHMAN, b. July 07, 1895, Clark County, Arkansas; d. April 05, 1952, Clark County, Arkansas.
196. JOHN HENRY17 TILLMAN was born October 08, 1854 in Colquitt County, Georgia, and died April 07, 1938 in Colquitt County, Georgia. He married WILLIE EMMA HART.
Children of JOHN TILLMAN and WILLIE HART are:
i. ORPHA LEE18 TILLMAN.
ii. CARRIE TILLMAN.
iii. JAMES TILLMAN, b. September 07, 1889.
iv. GEORGIA ANN TILLMAN.
v. STELLA MAE TILLMAN.
vi. ANNA LEE TILLMAN.
211. vii. MARION JOSEPH TILLMAN, SR
viii. MILLEDGE GLENN TILLMAN.
197. RACHEL MARTIN17 TILLMAN was born February 26, 1815. She married (1) SAMUEL ESCUE September 27, 1831. She married (2) EDMUND WILLIAMS TIPTON January 25, 1839. He was born 1797, and died 1865.
Child of RACHEL TILLMAN and EDMUND TIPTON is:
i. RACHEL EDMOND18 TIPTON, b. 1851; d. 1930, Oklahoma; m. ALLEN WESLEY TARKINGTON, January 07, 1867, Dyersburg, Tennessee; b. 1846; d. 1908, Oklahoma.
198. BENJAMIN P.17 TILLMAN was born 1826 in Edgefield District, South Carolina. He married FRANCES HAZELTON ROPER. She was born July 15, 1832, and died March 04, 1897.
He settled in Duntonville, South Carolina
Children of BENJAMIN TILLMAN and FRANCES ROPER are:
i. SUSAN ELIZABETH18 TILLMAN, b. 1850; d. November 08, 1883; m. JOHN KENNERLY.
ii. MARY ELIZABETH TILLMAN, b. 1852; d. December 19, 1919; m. PRESTON B. MAYSON.
iii. JOHNNIE TILLMAN, b. 1856; d. 1873.
199. ROBERT LLOYD17 TILGHMAN was born May 13, 1778, and died June 12, 1823. He married HENRIETTA MARIA FORMAN April 16, 1807, daughter of JOSEPH FORMAN and MARY HEMSLEY.
Child of ROBERT TILGHMAN and HENRIETTA FORMAN is:
i. ANNA MARIA18 TILGHMAN, b. February 04, 1811; m. TENCH TILGHMAN, 1851; b. March 25, 1810; d. December 23, 1874.
200. TENCH17 TILGHMAN was born April 18, 1782, and died April 16, 1827. He married ANN MARGARETTA TILGHMAN, daughter of TENCH TILGHMAN and ANNA TILGHMAN. She was born 1784, and died 1812.
Child of TENCH TILGHMAN and ANN TILGHMAN is:
212. i. TENCH18 TILGHMAN
201. ANN MARGARETTA17 TILGHMAN was born 1784, and died 1812. She married TENCH TILGHMAN, son of PEREGRINE TILGHMAN and DEBORAH LLOYD. He was born April 18, 1782, and died April 16, 1827.
She has a son, grandson, and great grandson all named Teach
Child is listed above under (200) Tench Tilghman.
202. ELIZABETH TENCH17 TILGHMAN was born October 11, 1786, and died May 1852. She married COLONEL NICHOLAS GOLDSBOROUGH, JR. Bef. 1812, son of NICHOLAS GOLDSBOROUGH and SARAH HARRISON. He was born June 30, 1787, and died October 09, 1857.
Children of ELIZABETH TILGHMAN and COLONEL GOLDSBOROUGH are:
i. MATTHEW TILGHMAN18 GOLDSBOROUGH, b. June 26, 1812.
ii. JAMES NICHOLSA GOLDSBOROUGH, b. July 06, 1814.
iii. ANN MARGERETTA GOLDSBOROUGH, b. July 1816; m. HENRY HOLLYWAY.
iv. WILLIAM TENCH GOLDSBOROUGH.
v. ANNA MARIE GOLDSBOROUGH, b. 1820.
vi. EDMUND GOLDSBOROUGH, b. 1824.
vii. RICHARD HENRY GOLDSBOROUGH, b. 1824.
viii. SARAH GOLDSBOROUGH, b. 1827.
ix. NICHOLAS GOLDSBOROUGH III, b. 1829.
x. CLARA ELIZABETH GOLDSBOROUGH, b. 1831; m. JOHN CHARLES EARLE.
xi. MARY HENRIETTA GOLDSBOROUGH, b. 1834.
|generation 17 - 180-292 by "John" <>|